The following is a full collection of the (hopefully) awesome articles here at The Last Broken Home. No library card needed. Just literacy.
Articles concerning the problems, dysfunctions, and realities of teenage life.
- The “I Don’t Give a Cr@p” Method to Test Anxiety
- When You Realize Your Friends Are Nazis And You’re a Bully…
Articles concerning the problems, dysfunctions, and realities of adulthood.
Articles concerning the relationships, difficulties, and pressures of family.
- Explaining Teen Depression: The Effect of Broken Homes, pt. I
- Explaining Teen Depression: The Effect of Broken Homes, pt. II
- The Leverage to Leave the Most Broken Broken Home
- Why Finding Your Birth Parents Won’t Help You Find Yourself
- A Broken Family is Far Better Than a Broken Home
Articles concerning theories on life, existence, and its difficulties, struggles, and realities.
- Life (When You’re Gainfully Employed Amongst Zombies)
- The Bad News? Your Life is Meaningless and Short, The Good News…?
- How an Emperor Saved My Life
- When Doing the Right Thing is the Most Difficult Thing
- My Life Adviser Has NO Brain and Consumes Taco Bell Like a Black Hole
- Having a *Single* Purpose in Life
- The Timing is Right, The Time is Right Now
- Life is Up and Down, Round and Round, and Journeys are Hard
- The Life-Changing Advice I Found On Your Gravestone (Courtesy Eckhart Tolle)
- The Epic Post on Change God Himself Would Write (If He Had Thumbs)
- Quit Bringing the Devil Home With You
- Life is SUPPOSED to Be Hard (I Know, Freaking Lame…)
- People Come and Go, But Our Lives Are Like What?
- You’ve Never Known a Person In Your Life, And You May Never Too
- The Saddest is the Most Beautiful
Thoughtful lyrics about life, family, home.
Articles concerning the natural, inherited, and accepted dysfunction of our minds, and its tendency to affect our egos, beliefs, and world-views.
Articles concerning the difficulty, effect, and purpose of parenting; both from the point of view of the children it affects, and the parents it confounds.
- Your Parents Suck (Maybe) and Here’s Why (Definitely)
- Yup, Parenting is as Easy as 1…2…X+Y(Pi)-Wtf?
- I’m Going Back in Time to Save the World (I Just Need a Bag Lunch)
- Why Your Mom Brings Home Trash (Or Is It You?)
- Seriously, Why Parenthood Ends When Childhood Ends
Useful quotes from OUTSIDE The Last Broken Home.
- Pablo Escobar
- Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Jiddu Krishnamurti
- John Dryden
- Samuel Smiles
- Antonio Porchia
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Antoine de Saint-Exupary
- Laurence Jones
- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Ayn Rand
- Frank S. Hogan
Useful quotes from INSIDE The Last Broken Home.
Articles concerning the self: understanding it, changing it, improving it.
- The Single Greatest Reason You Are Destined for Depression
- How to Forgive, Forget, and Let Go (And Be Way Holier Than Jesus)
- The Helplessness You Learn, The Choice You Make
- The G-G-Ghosts of Our Pasts (I’m Creeped Out Already)
- How “Go F*** Yourself” Became My New Favorite Greeting
- The Fear of People…That Ends Here
- How Living at the Edge of My Comfort Zone, The Tip of My Fears Led Me to Wandering the Sahara
- Depression is a Luxury
- I’m Highly Suggesting You Get Pretty Effing P***ed Off (For Your Own Good)
- It May Be Puke-Inducingly Cliche, But We Are All The Same
- The Terrible Truth Everyone Should Know About Conquering Fear
- I’m Pretty Much Almost Kinda Positive Maybe I Can Predict the Future, Definitely
- The Fatal Sin That 99% of Us Commit (And Why THIS Adam is No Different Than the FIRST Adam)
- This Blog is (Mental) Masturbation
- The Only “1%” in the World We Should Give a Damn About
- How to Look Like a Bear, But Feel Like a Beast
- I Will Totally Murder You If You Do Not Succeed in 30 Days
- What [Marilyn Manson] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Pornstar] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Druglord] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Dictator] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Death Row Inmate] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- You Don’t Deserve Anything (Until You’re Someone Who Deserves Something)
- No(body) Lasts a Day
- Dude, You Couldn’t Be Purposeless If You Tried…
My featured work on OTHER sweet sites round the web.
- Tiny Buddha: The Fear of Change or the Thrill of Something New?
- MindBodyGreen: 5 Things NOT to Do in Life
- Brazen Life: Why Kissing Behinds is Like Kissing Yours Goodbye
- AOL Jobs: 3 Reasons NOT to Suck Up to the Boss (reprinted with permission)
- Chicago Tribune: The Problem With Being a Suck Up (reprinted with permission)
- Tiny Buddha: Why You Have 43 More Choices That Matter in Life (Or Not)
- MindBodyGreen: 5 Things You’ll NEVER Regret in Life
Video blogs featuring me speaking about a topic of note or interest.