The following is a full collection of the (hopefully) awesome articles here at The Last Broken Home. No library card needed. Just literacy.
Articles concerning the problems, dysfunctions, and realities of teenage life.
Articles concerning the relationships, difficulties, and pressures of family.
- Explaining Teen Depression: The Effect of Broken Homes, pt. I
- Explaining Teen Depression: The Effect of Broken Homes, pt. II
- The Leverage to Leave the Most Broken Broken Home
- Why Finding Your Birth Parents Won’t Help You Find Yourself
- A Broken Family is Far Better Than a Broken Home
Articles concerning theories on life, existence, and its difficulties, struggles, and realities.
- Life (When You’re Gainfully Employed Amongst Zombies)
- Your Life is Meaningless and Short
- How an Emperor Saved My Life
- When Doing the Right Thing is the Most Difficult Thing
- Trust Your Instincts
- Having a *Single* Purpose in Life
- The Timing is Right, The Time is Right Now
- Life is Up and Down, Round and Round, and Journeys are Hard
- The Advice I Found On My Gravestone
- The Fear of Change
- Quit Bringing the Devil Home With You
- Life is Supposed to Be Hard
- Our Lives Are Like Vectors
- You’ve Never Known a Person In Your Life
- The Saddest is the Most Beautiful
Thoughtful lyrics about life, family, home.
Articles concerning the natural, inherited, and accepted dysfunction of our minds, and its tendency to affect our egos, beliefs, and world-views.
Articles concerning the difficulty, effect, and purpose of parenting; both from the point of view of the children it affects, and the parents it confounds.
- Your Parents Suck (Maybe) and Here’s Why
- How to Be a Good Parent
- Hitler Was Like Your or Me
- Why Your Mom Brings Home Trash
- Why Parenthood Ends When Childhood Ends
Useful quotes from OUTSIDE The Last Broken Home.
- Pablo Escobar
- Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Jiddu Krishnamurti
- John Dryden
- Samuel Smiles
- Antonio Porchia
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Antoine de Saint-Exupary
- Laurence Jones
- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Ayn Rand
- Frank S. Hogan
Useful quotes from INSIDE The Last Broken Home.
Articles concerning the self: understanding it, changing it, improving it.
- Why You Are Destined for Depression
- How to Forgive, Forget, and Let Go
- The Helplessness You Learn, The Choice You Make
- The Ghosts of Our Pasts
- The Importance of Standing Up for Yourself
- The Fear of People…That Ends Here
- Living at the Edge of Your Comfort Zone
- Get Pretty Fucking Pissed Off (For Your Own Good)
- We Are All The Same
- The Truth About Conquering Fear
- Your Vision Creates Your Future
- Following the Rules is Lame as Fuck
- This Blog is (Mental) Masturbation
- The Simple Math of Change
- How to Look Like a Bear, But Feel Like a Beast
- You Have 30 Days to Succeed
- What [Marilyn Manson] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Pornstar] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Druglord] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Dictator] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- What a [Death Row Inmate] Can Teach You About Being Yourself
- You Don’t Deserve Anything (Until You’re Someone Who Deserves Something)
- No(body) Lasts a Day
- Dude, You Couldn’t Be Purposeless If You Tried…
My featured work on OTHER sweet sites round the web.
- Tiny Buddha: The Fear of Change or the Thrill of Something New?
- MindBodyGreen: 5 Things NOT to Do in Life
- Brazen Life: Why Kissing Behinds is Like Kissing Yours Goodbye
- AOL Jobs: 3 Reasons NOT to Suck Up to the Boss (reprinted with permission)
- Chicago Tribune: The Problem With Being a Suck Up (reprinted with permission)
- Tiny Buddha: Why You Have 43 More Choices That Matter in Life (Or Not)
- MindBodyGreen: 5 Things You’ll NEVER Regret in Life
Video blogs featuring me speaking about a topic of note or interest.